Welcome visitor from ; work smarter by installing the easy to use and free CCA Plugin:
See how the plugin can makes your WordPress site much, much, better (3 minute demonstration):
View Part 2: (using the plugin) to see how quickly and easily you can transform your site.
1. CCA Side Bar (widget area) Widgets
- YOU control what is displayed based on category(s) and/or visitor’s locale(s)
- use as many CCA widgets as you want, each with their own set of entries for content
- save sidebar space e.g. a CCA widget can display RSS content for one category and an Advert for another, so there is no need for 2 separate widgets in your sidebar.
- select categories by name (not by unfriendly numeric id)
- YOU choose the number of characters to display for RSS News Item excerpts (unlike WP RSS widget)
- option to nofollow (good for SEO) news feed links and open RSS links in new tab (unlike WP RSS widget)
- make long Widget Titles wrap (<br>) where YOU want (unlike WP widgets)
- fine tune widget look and make ads/images fit using simple check-box options to override Theme’s widget style (code free styling)
2. Adverts WITHIN Posts
- Automatically include Adverts (or other content) in your posts
- Define Ad or content to be displayed based on category(s) and/or visitor locations
3. Customize posts for different locales (using shortcodes)
- Hide certain content from visitors from specified countries
- Insert visitor’s Country Name into text.
- Display temperatures in the scale used by your visitor
4. Smart Responsive Adverts (even on fixed width themes)
- Option to display ads within posts on small devices like smartphones.
5. Hooks and Extensions
- The “CCA goodies extension” add even more features click the Extensions tab above (or just click here!)
- Developers can add additional functionality via the many available plugin hooks
- This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com. However, if you prefer to use a different geoLocation application you can hook it to the CCA plugin.
6. Use GeoLocation in your own PHP code
- You can idenify your visitor’s country in your own scripts by includeing and using the Maxmind code provided with the plugin.
Support questions should be posted on WordPress.org forum.
The most specific entry found is used; and categories have higher priority than visitor location.
If your widget has content for the following entries:
- “All Categories” country “Anywhere”
- “All Categories” country “France”
- Category “Travel” country “Anywhere”
- Category “Travel” country “US”
- Category “Travel” country “Germany”
When viewing a post in Category “Travel”:
- a US visitor would see the widget content in entry ‘ Category “Travel” country “US” ‘
- a German visitor would see the widget content in entry ‘ Category “Travel” country “Germany” ‘
- visitors from any other country would see the entry for ‘ Category “Travel” country “Anywhere” ‘
When viewing a post in Category “Animals” (or any other category which does not have an entry):
- a French visitor would see the entry for ‘ “All Categories” country “France” ‘
- visitors from any other country would see the entry for ‘ “All Categories” country “Anywhere” ‘
Short answer: coming soon, via an extension where you positively opt to allow PHP
To protect normal non-PHP users, you will have to positively opt to enable PHP. For security opt-in is set by a separate plugin to the widget that executes it.
I am currently testing an extension that among other things includes an “allow PHP” option.
Yes. Insert a <br> tag at the point you wish the new line to occur.
Yes: either by using a CCA class method (simple), or (more efficient) by directly using Maxmind Software installed with the plugin. See CCA and GeoIP.
Many WP sites still use PHP 5.2, Maxmind v2 requires at least PHP 5.3.
Yes – See CCA and GeoIP.
- Yes for Cloudflare (according to my tests) using their “aggressive caching” option
- “Perfectly” for Quickcache when using this caching plugin extension; or WP Supercache with this one. See CCA Country Caching.
- W3 Total Cache: DIY solutions (less than perfect).
- Other caching plugins may or may not provide suitable settings.
If not then you can still use the CCA widget to display relevant content by category (ignoring visitor country).
Full answer: see CCA Plugin and Country Caching