The Goodies extension adds much more functionality and flexibility to your CCA plugin. What’s more, the current version is FREE for a tweet about the CCA plugin.
1. Download, Install, and update notifications
2. Additional Sidebar Options
3. New “Ads/Text in Posts” widgets
4. Associating pages with existing or new categories
5. More shortcodes + option for user defined (shorter) dropdown list of countries
6. National Flag images and flexible shortcode included
7. Allow PHP and shortcodes in widgets
8. View sites as visitor from selected country & widget preview mode
Download / Install / Update
Use at your own risk. You should be using the CCA plugin 0.8.5 or later.
Download plugin extension
This version is “free for a tweet”. If you click the download button it will tweet “WordPress users try the free Category Country Aware plugin with the most flexible advanced category widget available. http://bit.ly/1wZcwmS” from your Twitter A/C. Once your tweet has been sent (couple of seconds?) your browser will do a download in the normal manner.
Note: Twitter will prompt you to grant permissions, these are needed for the “download app” to send this tweet. As soon as it is sent, you can revoke these permissions via (Twitter) Settings->Apps. Credits: This page uses the “Pay with a Tweet” plugin.
Upload and activate
Dashboard->Plugins->New->Upload CCA-Goodies-extension.zip. Activate; your CCA Settings form and widgets will now contain the additional options.
Updates and notifications
Eventually I’ll modify the extension to do this; but for the time being I will be tweeting about new versions and issues from my Twitter Account. So it is probably wise to follow my Twitter account (button at the top of the post). It’s also an incentive for me to use Twiiter, I’ve only sent a few tweets and they were back in 2013.
- Option to use a different widget title for a widget entry
- “Home Page” included in widget category dropdown
Each widget has a preview option (only displayed when logged in as Admin)
Text/Adverts in posts widgets:
- “bottom of post”, “within post” (very flexible choose position by html tags, see above), “shortcode” widgets
- “Home Page” included in category dropdown
- preview option
- A page can be associated with a category
- A post or page can have their own widget entry
Open the page/post in the page/post editor and add a custom field of “cca_category” with the name of an existing category. It must exactly match the category name, e.g. “crime fiction” is not the same as “Crime Fiction”. If you want to give the page a new, or its own category, then you should create a category of that exact name first, via Dashboard->Categories.
CCA categories are given priority over WP categories. e.g. a post is in Category “Crime Fiction” but you have also given it a custom field “cca_category” of “Junior Fiction”. If a particular widget has an entry for both categories, then the “Junior Fiction” entry will be used.
Country stuff & shortcodes:
- More geolocation shortcodes (below)
- Flag images included + shortcode to display any visitor flag at any size.
- Define a shorter list of countries for your widget’s dropdown country selector
|actual text in post||visitor from YOUR country sees:|
|The [cca_flag] shortcode displays the flag of your visitor. You can use the same the attributes as the HTML “img” tag e.g. “[cca_flag width=80px style=”width:80px;vertical-align:middle”<].
|A is [cca_convert miles=80] from B||A is 80 miles from B|
|C is [cca_convert km=100] from D||C is 62 miles from D|
|[cca_country_dropdown] outputs a country list with ISO code values for country selectors. Requires addition of HTML “form” and “select”.
Optional parameters: as demonstrated in the 2nd example. Examples:
<form><select>[cca_country_dropdown select=”US” short=”yes” class=”bgyellow”]</select></form>
You can create your shorter country list via CCA Settings form. The shorter list can be used in the country selector on both your sidebar and post widget setting forms.
See above for use of flag shortcode
Use flag images included with this extension (from Go Squared Ltd and commercial use is permitted – see license in extension zip), or use the setting to specify another set of installed flags to be used by the shortcode.
Allow PHP and shortcodes in widgets
Note as with other WP plugins “eval” will be used to run your PHP, this is considered a security risk by most pundits.
- Each widget has preview option (widget will only be visible to someone logged in as admin)
- View site (CCA content) as if you are a visitor from selected country (when logged in as admin)